Monday, October 23, 2006

Chicken Soup is sometimes right.

Now, everyone has their own recipe for chicken soup, even if it's out of a packet. But you can even smarten up packet soup by adding a splash of milk when its warmed up.

I mentioned my wife is ill but she'd tottered downstairs for an hour or two today and made some excellent chicken stock. So I cooked up chicken soup this evening at her request as she was desperate for comfort food. It was so simple and easy and such a pleasure to make. I like slow cooking where I listen to the radio, enjoy a glass of wine and chat to the family as they come in and out of the kitchen. It took about an hour and a half from start to finish and both the preparation and the eating were great. Nothing spectacular, just filling comforting soup accompanied by some good, local fresh bread from our corner store - cheese and pickle for the hungrier on the side. Magic on a wet October Monday night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home