Sunday, October 15, 2006

Curry lunch munch

It’s ok, as I said before to eat prepared stuff from time-to-time. I cooked a major league meal yesterday (Saturday) lunchtime, all from fresh, and although I felt like cooking a nice meal for Sunday lunch today I couldn’t be bothered to do the whole thing from scratch.

We had a farmers’ market in my town last week and I spotted a sauce emporium selling home-made curry sauces. I’ve had them before but not for a while so I bought a spicy Korma sauce – in a jar.

I fried off some large dice chicken breasts after covering them in flour and seasoning with pepper (no salt) until the were a nice nutty brown, cooked through but tender, then set them aside on some kitchen roll to drain and dry. Meanwhile I warmed up the sauce in a saucepan and also fried off a few chopped red onions slices (about one whole onion). When the onions were ready – nice and soft – and the chicken drained I put it all in to the sauce and added a cup of water. Then it just bubbled quietly away for an hour or so on a very low heat. Meanwhile, towards the 45 minute mark I boiled up some water and cooked the rice ‘till tender.

I’d heated the eating plates and chopped some tomatoes in to a couple of bowls with a generous small bunch of coriander, just to cool things down and then spooned out the boiled rice and laid on the curry in to the plates.

With mango chutney as a side and some warmed naan bread it was great, especially with a pleasant bottle of Cabernet.

Great stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home