Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Maccy D's

Ok, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Well actually I'm not really. But yes, today I went and bought a Macdonalds take-out. My excuse? Two really. Firstly I'd completely forgotten to make my lunch at home last night and secondly - here I must confess - about once every three months or so I just fancy a fast food hit. A quarter-pounder with cheese dripping with that sweet sort of tomatoey goo they put on the burger with a slice of dill pickle, crisp hot fries and extra ketchup on the side plus a coke to drink. It does hit the spot and all my ethical and moral thoughts disappear.

In my defence I only eat fast food from time to time, indeed my kids view a Macdonalds or BurgerKing as a treat, not something we do three or four times a week and I think that's ok. The occasional fast-food burger or pizza or other take-out is, I think acceptable. And of course, like many other people I wonder about the companies that produce this stuff. But a Big Mac does taste so good every now and then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home