Tuesday, November 21, 2006

What shall we eat tonight?

This can be tricky. Some evenings or days I'm just at a loss as to what to cook for our main meal. You can sort of run out of ideas or be bored with your current round of regular meals or whatever. What to do? Family needs to be fed, cooking and eating are an important occupation(s) for me and provide relief at the end of the day of work and hassle and stuff. Plus the kids will be hungry and WANT FOOD SOON.

I've got stuff in the fridge and freezer and some good vegetables so it's not a lack of ingredients, but inspiration will not come. I could root around in my collection of cook books which might provide ideas, could ask my wife or son to cook (he does a mean Macaroni cheese) if I offer to clear up, but my wife gets anxious at surprise requests to put food on the table without massive planning and forethought. We could go out - no, did that the other day or order in a takeaway but they are limited where we live, curry or Asian or pizza being about it. So I think a think and a look in the fridge and the larder and some books is in order and we shall see. Watch this space.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home